THE STATE FAIR!
I was raised here so I've been to the state fair EVERY year and I love it! The smell of fried food, all the happy kids, all the policemen, what could be better right?!
Well last year, Mack and I went to the fair approximately four times and spent wwwaayyyy to much money so this year we're trying to conserve and only go like two days but realllyy pack in our two days full of all the food, entertainment, and excitement we'll get till next year (whether this two day plan will actually work, who knows).
Mack and I now have our State Fair experience pretty much down pat...
STOP ONE: Every year my parents work at the fair booth for their church and I worked there growing up for years (my mom and I always waitressed together, my dad was always a cook).
This is their actual booth except its usually packed to the brim with people
All the money raised at this booth goes to the church to help send kids on these amazing trips with the youth group (for example, every four years all the high school kids have an oppurtunity to go to New York - it was one of the most memorable trips of my life) so I always eat here, EVERY time I go to the fair. They're most famous for these delicious biscuits...
STOP TWO: Mack's not a big dessert person (unlike me) so anytime he wants dessert, I'm all for it! So after eatin' our amazingly delicious ham biscuits we make a dessert stop. There's a little stand right by my parents booth we go to.
Mack prefers these:
Where as I prefer these:
STEP THREE: We go on the Ferris wheel, in hopes that the line wont be too ridiculous. I'm not a big fan of things that move in circles, nor things that take me off the ground (other than airplanes - I'd ride on an airplane any day!).
STEP FOUR: We go in search of a bloomin' onion, we've learned over the years that we both agree the best bloomin' onions come from the fair but in all fairness, they should have a sign above their stand stating: "BLOOMIN' ONION $3.99 - HEARTBURN FREE WITH PURCHASE" because daggum we have to eat at least two tums before we eat one of these amazing bundles of grease!
STEP FIVE: Everyone who goes to the fair must attend a tractor pull and the destruction derby!
it doesn't get much better than this
STEP SIX: While waiting on the second round of the derby to begin, I get my hand stamped from the derby people (so I'll be able to re-enter the stadium) and I walk my little, already cold, self over to the NC STATE ICE CREAM BOOTH! I wait in line anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to get me some Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl ice cream. Then I walk back to the stadium and continue to enjoy the destruction derby/tractor pull.
STEP SEVEN: I feel the need to always visit the baby animals and day dream about how awesome it must be to live on a farm and see all these baby animals born right in front of you!
Baby donkey from the fair last year - I just wanted to take him home he was so cute!
So I think that's about it for my list of to-do things this year, I can't wait for tomorrow because even though I'm not going tomorrow, as I drive home from school, it'll be wonderful to smell all the fried food in the air! Ah, love it. Remember, buy your tickets early (aka today) because after that they go up in price!











So sad I'm not going. Just left you a novel on FB.
ReplyDelete