Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baby Bike?

Okay so I own this little blue baby right here...


She's also known as Baby Bike because my boyfriend has this...



They may look the same because they're both blue and made by Yamaha but they're tooottallly different. So why do I call my bike Baby Bike? Well lets see:

a) she's about 198 pounds (which is a lot for me to try to pick back up off the ground)
b.) she's pretty short - about 42.7 inches
c) When I sit on Baby Bike, my feet actually touch the ground fairly well

Now Mack's bike on the other hand:

a) It's about 245 pounds (which is INSANE)
b) It's about 51.6 inches tall (depending on what's on the bike - if it's stock or not)
c) When I sit on it I can't touch the ground so Mack and his dad have to hold the bike up for me JUST to sit on it so I wont fall over and break something.

Anyway, I got my bike earlier this year and was determined to learn how to ride it. Now, I already have a manual car and my bike is manual too so to learn how to drive was pretty easy but being comfortable driving it = not so easy.

Over time I've stopped riding my bike because I was never comfortable riding it around anyone but Mack because I didn't want to look dumb. Now, does it really matter what I looked like on my bike? No, most people who found out I got a bike were:

a) proud of me for trying to learn to ride
b) astonished that at 21 I just now had the urge to want to ride
c) wondering why a girl, like myself, would want a dirt bike
d) concerned I might die/brake something (cough mom cough)

Most of the people who ride have been riding their WHOLE life...I mean we're talkin' like starting at age 4. And people think it's dangerous for a 21 year old? HA!

Anyway, I've been dreaming of getting one of these babies one day...

Obviously not one this big.

Saying they're less dangerous than a bike isn't really true but they make me feel safer, considering they have four wheels and as of tonight I found out my boyfriend is thinking about buying one because he's been longing for one and plus it'd make me REALLYYYY happy to have a four wheeler I could drive around when he's on his massivveee bike! My excitement overwhelms me!

Have a super night, sorry the post was so boring tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment