Oh student observing how you've stressed me out the last couple of weeks!
All of us "soon to be teachers" were suppose to know by fall break where we would be doing our student observing. We just got told today which schools and teachers we were placed with - two weeks after fall break.
So my observation teacher emailed me this morning, he sounds awesome...
he's a retired navy veteran
it's his first year actually teaching middle school
he's been teaching for over 10 years
he sounds extremely nice in his email
I was thrilled until my excitement calmed down somewhat and I re-read the email to realize I was placed in a school I'd never heard of. As we all know this county is known for building more schools to handle all the people that keep coming here because of our wonderful school systems. So of course, I google it, isn't that what everyone does now? Google anything and everything?!
Well anyway, on your form thingy you fill out before you're actually admitted into the school system you request where you'd like to be placed because they like to place people close to where they live because eventually you'll probably be looking for a job in that same area right?
So I'm lookin' on my school's website and I'm searching for the address to enter into my GPS because I like to be super OCD and extremely prepared, so the night before I need to be somewhere that I've never been before, I drag my mom out and we do a test run. We drive to that place and back just so I know where I'm going. I'm already OCD about being early EVERYWHERE so imagine if I got lost?
PANIC!
So this calms my nerves and my loving mother agrees to it in any situation - she's wonderful. Well anyway, I found the address and oh my lordy...not only have I never heard of this school but it's forty minutes away...
say what?!
Whew, thank goodness I got Little Cobie who will drive me all around town and still get 38 miles to the gallon (thank you to my parents for getting me a manual car - it's come in very handy!). So minus my absolute shock over the fact that my school is 40 minutes away, I'm excited to meet my teacher because he seems awesome. Plus the way I look at it, would I rather drive 40 minutes and observe a spectacular teacher or drive 5 and observe a teacher who may not even want me in their classroom? I'll take the first option please.
Observations start Friday I believe and I'm more anxious/excited than ever!
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment