Would you believe it if I told you I'd known her for 21 years? (keep in mind I am 21)
We are sixteen days apart and in many ways total opposites...
a. she's crazy about killin' some germs (me, not so much - even though she's made me more conscious about all the nasty germs that surround me on a daily basis, so I thank her for that)
b. she always looks beautiful - on the inside and out
c. she drives like a maniac at times
d. she's outspoken (which I love)
e. she's extremely protective of the ones she loves (but I'm okay with this because I happen to fit into the "loved ones I must protect" category)
I honestly believe, if you haven't had the SAME best friend your entire life, then you probably can't understand the deep friendship we share. We grew up as next door neighbors and we spent most of our free time together (church, school, home, everything).
This was us in 6th grade
Since we were next door neighbors, her kitchen window faced my dinning room window in my house and when we were in trouble and not allowed to see each other (like the time we strapped her little sister into a jogging stroller and pushed her down a hill and I was sent home by her dad) we would sit in front of our respective windows and talk on the phone (this started at a young age probably around 4 so it's not surprising that we talk on the phone at least once a day now).
The day of my surprise party for my 21st birthday!
Over the years she's become more than just my best friend, she's become my sister. We cry together, we laugh together, we have good times and bad but no matter what she's there for me at the end of the day. She supports me in everything that I do, even if she think it's not a good idea (she always voices her concern but she's never too pushy). She loves me even though I'm not perfect and I make mistakes. She is my voice of reason.
Senior Prom
Words can't describe all that we've been through together, we all know for most girls high school is pretty rough and Caroline and I had plenty of obstacles we faced in those four years. Over time I've come to realize how much I should treasure the friendship I have with her because I do realize most people in the world never get a chance at a friendship like ours.
Tim McGraw concert (with both share equal love for this man)
But aside from the fact that I couldn't live without this girl she couldn't live without this boy...meet Rus...
Christmas Picture 2010
One day these two will marry (and we hope it's in the near future) and it will be one of the happiest moments of my life. We've dreamed of our weddings since we were small.
I only hope that when we have kids (in the very far future) they can grow up together and experience how special it is to have the same best friend your entire life.
All I can say is cherish every moment you have with your best friend, whether you've known them for a year, or (like in our case) you've known each other your whole lives. Support each other in everything you do but be honest at the same time - as much as I don't like to hear what she has to say sometimes, she tells me the truth and she reasons with me and at times, that's what I need most.
I hope that some of you out their share similar relationship with your friends because I honestly couldn't imagine what my life would be like without her.









Swinging topless and pushing toddlers down hills. I have never seen this side of you! ;)
ReplyDelete