Today was the beginning of my spring semester.
As I was sitting in my English class this morning, taught by a teacher from Scotland who has the best accent ever, I realized a year from today I'll be student teaching...
scary
The fact that I "should have" graduated in May (had I not gotten my associates degree first)...
annoying
but, whatever - I probably wouldn't have gotten where I am now had I not taken the time to really focus on my education.
Anyway, I've been sick with some kind of yucky cold lately so I've been putting off buying my books until today (the second day of the semester, which also happens to be the day in which everyone has finally gone to at least one session of all of their classes).
big mistake
When I walked in the door to the bookstore all I saw was a line...a HUGE line full of students who were buying their books at the last minute, just like me. So after 10-20 minutes of waiting in line, which wasn't too bad because they had all these brand new binders, mittens, scarfs, and what not surround the area around the line, we finally got to the desk to check out.
8 books for one English class - 5 for the other
Not many teaching books required this year - I guess my English teachers are makin' up for that.
Even though I have an overwhelming amount of books to read, at least I got this awesome binder and notebook to motivate myself this semester!
I'm happy to be back with the PACK!

WhOOOOOOOOOO! Love the NC Stizzle notebooks! And it's nuts all the dang books they make you buy when I personally, only ever had to read like 30 pages out of each. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteHappy Beginning of the Semester!