Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm a proud Auntie D...yet again!

My sister is was pregnant.

We've been waiting on Ronan (my nephew) for a week. We thought he might try to come Tuesday since my sister was in so much pain but nope he's a stubborn little man. 

My sister was a trooper. She did the whole process with limited drugs, no epidural and lots of breathing. Even though she's had two other babies, I was never able to be there for their births but they had this birth planned. They had her scheduled to go in at 7:30am Saturday.

When we got there at 10:30am Ronan had hardly moved.




My sister was blessed with a wonderful nurse (your the shiz Janice) who was constantly by her side, making jokes and taking wonderful care of her and the little man.

Ronan refused to have anything to do with his heart monitor and was constantly moving around to avoid the nurses being able to detect him. Brooks (my sister's husband) and I about had a heart attack when we saw the babies heart rate go from 156 to 65, of course we went and got a nurse immediately, leaving my sister to question why the two of us were acting like freaks, and once Janice entered the room she informed us that Ronan was just playing hide and seek with the monitor. 

Thank you Jesus!

(The nurses have their little "station" that holds these huge TV monitors - 9 in a row - that show all 9 patients contractions/heart rates/etc. on the screen)


Once my sister got to 7 centimeters the night seemed to fly by. Ronan was here before we all knew it - weighing in at 8 pounds and 11 ounces.


My sister and I are 15 years apart which always seemed to make our relationship a little more difficult. We're not always the closest and just like all other sisters we fight. But, I can tell you that in all my twenty three years of life, I have never been more proud of my sister than I was yesterday. Seeing my nephew born was a blessing and I won't ever be able to thank my sister enough for letting me share in the experience with her. I have no other siblings/women figures that I'm close to in the same way and I know in my heart that this was the only experience I'll have seeing a life brought into the world before I have my own babies one day (in the far future). 

So thank you Stacy for letting me be there for you - more so than I ever have before. It meant the world to me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I could have gotten through the whole thing without you and Brooks by my side positively encouraging me. At one point in my mind I truly wanted to give up because of the pain, but I knew I had to endure. One of the hardest things I've had to do in my life but SO worth it. Thank you for being there for me - those are memories we will always be able to share together. Love you, Big Sissy.

    ReplyDelete