Monday, December 19, 2011

I feel like a kid again...

Christmas is less than a week away and everyday goes by so FAST I can barely believe it.

By the time I'm outta work it's already dark and cold as Antarctica - the last thing I wanna do is go Christmas shopping! All I can think about at this point is eating.

Thankfully, I got a lot of Christmas shopping done on Saturday. Since it was best friends birthday, she wanted to spend a good part of the day at Crabtree - which, if you know me, is not my kinda thing. I like the kind of shopping where you go in with a list and come out with everything on your list, no more and no less. I don't like to shop around or spend hours at the mall but it's something my best friend could live her life doing so I went.

Lets just say this, Crabtree the weekend before Christmas = a nightmare.

I love the holidays, don't get me wrong, but the ONLY thing I hate about this time of year is how greedy people can be. Pushing through the mall, people being impatient and angry, people strolling for parking spots like they're going to die if they have to walk more than five feet...I can't stand it.

I'm reminded what Christmas is about EVERYDAY when I walk in my room at work. All 17 of my four year olds run to greet me and proceed to tell me Santa's coming soon and it's gonna be Jesus' birthday! They're all so excited about all their family members coming into town. Everyday I hear stories about what family members are coming in when and where, if they're flying or driving, and of course, if they're bringing lots of presents. The looks on kids faces when they talk about Christmas and Santa, it's priceless. It's like when I'm at work I'm in a magical little world where I can't help but be happy because all my kids faces light up the second we start making Christmas ornaments or wreaths.

When it comes to Christmas, kids put all the magic back in it. All the talk of how Santa gets down the chimney and how he's able to eat every kids cookies ALL over the world. It makes me feel like a kid again and for once it feels nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment