Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh the festivities have just begun!

To me Halloween is the beginning of my FAVORITE time of year. From Halloween till mid January I'm in a daze because life flies by so fast it's unbelievable!

November brings the start of all the cold weather and the amazing colors of Fall...


It also brings Thanksgiving which is my favorite holiday!



Then at the end of November comes my birthday!

My cake for my 21st birthday (thanks to my mom and dad - I had a baller cake!)

Then slowly December starts to set in and that's when the cold weather really gets here - 32 degrees is normal at this time of year and there's nothin' better than goin' to my mama and daddy's to sit in the family room in front of the fireplace with all the pups. 

December also brings my best friends birthday (the one I grew up with) so birthdays always mean a lot to us - it's one more year we get to add on to our lifetime of friendship. Unfortunately her birthday always falls on exam week which kinda stinks but we always make the best of it!


After her birthday Christmas time is in full swing. My mom starts crazily decorating her house and when I say crazy I mean...you've never seen so many decorations in  your life but I love it because that's the only way to have Christmas in my family. Mom puts up two trees (an 8 foot one and a 9 foot one) and we decorate both with 3 (triple layered) boxes of ornaments - she also has 4 or 5 "baby trees" - one's she puts upstairs and in the top window of our house. She has a village, we've collected the houses for the last 10 or so years and every year my dad and I set it up together (it literally takes 4 hours) and then we run our railroad ALL the way around the town - it's awesome.

This is my favorite one in our village.

When it's all said and done it usually takes my family about a week or so to get all the decorations out and put up. Once everything is finally done, it's perfect and there's no where else I'd rather be during Christmas. Every Christmas my best friend says there's no where else better than my mom's at Christmas time and if that ain't the truth, I don't know what is. So thank you mom for all the hard work you put into Christmas, it's wonderful.

After all of this, Christmas finally shows up.

Christmas Eve for me consists of my mom, my dad, my grandparents, myself and Mack all going to dinner at Bonefish Grill (not my fav but it's alright, I like the bread). Then we go to the service at my parents church and finally we end up at the Cooper household to exchange gifts (at least my gifts!). Now the Cooper family has plenty of members to it so thankfully we had this little secret Santa thing goin' on last year that seemed to work pretty well.

Finally Christmas morning is here and I use to be one to get up at 5 AM to go open presents but not anymore...7:30 is about as good as it gets, unlike some people I know (cough The Cooper household cough) :) 

On Christmas all of us (my parents, myself, and all the dogs) open our stockings (and yes all 3 of my dogs have stockings that my Grandma knitted for them to match with the rest of the families). My grandparents come over around 8:30, they're early risers so they don't mind plus my Grampie loves the coffee and snacks he gets before Christmas breakfast.  


We open the rest of the gifts under the tree and then everyone gets ready for the feast of a breakfast my parents make which always arrives around 10 or 11 AM (which is great because since the Cooper family wakes up at the crack of dawn it allows plenty of time for their Christmas and then Mack hops over to ours for breakfast and gifts). My sister strolls in with all the babies sometime around breakfast, you never know when. 

Then everyone lays around and lets their food settle before investigating all their awesome Christmas presents again. 

January closes out the holiday season. It often brings snow (which cancels school - whoop!) and therefore we spent 6 hours a day sledding and pulling the sleds with four wheelers in the snow - something I always look forward to because no matter how cold you are, there's nothing more entertaining. 


Are y'all getting as excited as I am for all the upcoming events/holiday season festivities?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment