Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Shmalentines

Oh Valentines day...how I hate you.

This so called "holiday" isn't one of my favorites, if you can't already tell. 

Valentines day is a day in which you're suppose to appreciate your loved ones right? Well, shouldn't we all be doing everyday anyway?

I know it's unrealistic to appreciate everyone, everyday but I've learned that I try to appreciate the ones I love everyday...

Plus, Shmalentines day is just a reason to make single people feel lonely...

I was thankful to always have parents who gave me cards and whatnot on this certain day to make me feel special no matter what, talk about a great Moms and Pops.

For all y'all peeps out there who spend a TON of money on Valentine's day maybe you should take up the motto of my boyfriend (most girls want flowers on valentines day right?)...

Flowers die, why would I every spend my money on something so useless?

I guess it's good I have 20, 4 year old's to bring me flowers and goodies!

I love my Mackenzie, even if he doesn't believe in flowers. He's my best friend, my love, and so much more. I try to appreciate him everyday, whether it's Shmalentine's day or not. We don't celebrate this certain holiday because neither of us are too crazy about it plus we decided last year to just write lovely little notes to each other to say how much we appreciate each other. It works for us, that's all that counts. 

I hope everyone else had a good Shmalentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment