It still feels like just yesterday they got engaged we were 3 years old, playing in the sandbox on the back porch.
The two of us were talking on the phone today after she called because she was elated over the bargain she got for her programs and we both realized how fast life has flown by.
I've know this girl since she was born.
When I say that, it's the truth.
She's 16 days younger though much feistier than I am and we were next door neighbors from the time we were born till we were 10 years old.
We've grown up and stayed best friends.
We've been through the good and the bad.
We've experienced break ups with boyfriends, friend people who you though were you friends but really talked junk behind your back problems, family problems and even death over the past 23 years.
We stepped away at times and took time for ourselves but always managed to come back and pick up where we left off.
We graduated high school together and I was more than proud to watch her graduate from NC State in 2012.
As I write this my eyes start to tear up in realization that we're finally at the point in our lives that we always dreamed of getting to.
We found the men we love and want to start families with and we're still best friends.
The thought of our children growing up together like we did is a real life possibility, not just a hope or dream for the future.
I can't express how excited I am for the two of them to start their lives together. I wish them all the love and happiness the world can bring them.
1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

No comments:
Post a Comment